Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Cyberstalking

Been sitting here drinking and cooking all day. Well... seasoning and marinating meat and drinking. Watching Gone With the Wind for the zillionth time. And teetering between wanting my Beemer back or hoping they total it out so that I can get a nice, reliable, gas efficient Honda or Ford. Its one of those days...prepping for a holiday, rain, sappy movies, and too much wine. I used to do this with people...family ...but I am getting used to doing this alone. Dancing in my kitchen alone. And I don't feel awful about it, although it takes some getting used to.

It's a facebook, twitter stalking day. It's amazing how much you can piece together about someone's life because of cyberspace! It's also amazing how much you get wrong because the narcissist in you believes that every written status, blog, or "like" is about you. The reality is that life is so much bigger than you and what you see is just a glimpse. Remember that Good Times episode when Willona gets a job watching people in the dressing room? And she lets a thief go and discovers that she too is being watched when she hears her bosses voice over a loudspeaker, questioning why she didn't stop the thief. And then her boss’s boss speaks up as well much to the surprise and dismay of the first boss. Willona says..." How you like that...the watcher of the watcher of the watchee is being watched!"  My point exactly Ms. Woods, that's how life is now. While I am stalking, I am surely being stalked. And from multiple angles and differing sources. And as nosy as I am, what can I say but...Welcome.

The best stalking fodder is a picture. To quote the old adage...they are worth a thousand words. Nothing gets you motivated like a good picture of your friends at an event you weren't invited to, or your ex with his new chic, or your current with his old chic, or the beautiful baby of a long lost love. I have had many a giggle with my girls over some picture we found on a Facebook page or MySpace (remember MySpace!!!???) . I have also had to calm a few people down over pictures as well. But that is what you get when you stalk.

...Wow that was the day before Thanksgiving...LOL. I never finished because A: I got caught up stalking, B: I got too tipsy to type...because that happens in my world LOL or C: As usual I start to read back, decide I am crazy and leave yet another unfinished entry.

I am going with D: all of the above!

Anyway - I am posting this because... why not. Enjoy or better yet finish my thoughts...I'll be here talking in any case.

No comments:

Post a Comment